(WVA) [Huntington] BuffalART

RestedTraveler

Lots of cities have done it. Chicago, IL had its cows. Orlando, FL had its lizards. Anderson, SC has large mouth bass. Hendersonville, NC has bears. Fort Wayne, IN has its (Masta)Dons. Now, the Huntington Museum of Art and Marshall University are teaming up for a new large-scale public sculpture project called the "BuffalART" Series, which will feature Marshall University's beloved mascot, the Buffalo.

BuffalART will be unveiled at 11 a.m. Saturday as part of the Huntington Museum of Art's Hilltop Festival.

FULL STORY

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great idea!! I always loved having the Thundering Herd as a mascot when my dad taught there. I love how this initiative creates public art while recognizing the central role that the University plays in Huntington. When I was living in Washington a few years ago, they did this with elephants and donkies and it was a HUGE hit. After a few years, I think the city sold them as works of art to recoup some of the cost.

Archived