Church Street Dev

OrlandoMagic3

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks, anything planned near the hughes/home depot within the next 1-2 years?

Sorry that I'm being lazy, but you can check the Sentinel archives (within a month or so) for the City of Orlando buying up property in the vicinity. I don't believe they have stated exactly what they are going to do, but I think the general consensus is that the city plans on putting the new arena (or civic auditorium or whatever term they are using to sell it to the public) on the lot that they have purchased.

Yes.

LOL.... you would make the perfect information broker. i.e., for every response, I would have to slip you an extra greenback until I got the info that I was looking for... that's great. :)

actually-- where is that new OPD/civic and FD block redo supposed to go-- closer to Central?

You want my account and routing number?

That won't be necessary. Since I really need this information immediately for my son, I am willing to offer you $419 for your services. However, the checks that I get from my honorable bank here in Nigeria come only in multiples of $5,000. I will send you a cashier's check for $5,000 and when you receive it, you can wire me the difference of $4,581 via Western Union. Thank you, Mr. orlandonative.

Sorry that I'm being lazy, but you can check the Sentinel archives (within a month or so) for the City of Orlando buying up property in the vicinity. I don't believe they have stated exactly what they are going to do, but I think the general consensus is that the city plans on putting the new arena (or civic auditorium or whatever term they are using to sell it to the public) on the lot that they have purchased.

what is the exact land they purchased/are using other than the 600k they paid for the house. any details? aka from what road to what road?

also, how did they come up with the figure of 600k for a house that small plot. what kind of appraisal is that? thats like $75-$150/sqft.... which is insane.

thanks for any info in advance:)

lol@ bic nigeria scam reference.

Yes.

It's kinda funny to read various posts and watch attitudes change. If native wasn't so against the revival of Parramore and public $$ going into the area, he would probably offer at least a two word response! :thumbsup:

If foreigners are openminded enough to realize that downtown Orlando cannot get to the next level without the revival of Parramore on its doorstep, surely some of the "insiders" on this forum (incl. native) know what needs to be done.

Let's shed the redneck label for a more civilized one.....

btw, I noticed Orlando was ranked #1 as the most angry city in the country. Hmmmm.....wonder why?!?

bump,

any idea how to find out who appraised that house on central for 600k? they had an article on the news about it this month but how would i find out who appriased it. thanks

probably someone who is getting a kickback for appraising it so high.

Does anyone know how much land that plot is exactly?

Also, forget the house. If this was the corner of Magnolia and Central, how much would that amount of land cost? It realistically is in the expanding CBD.

It is ridiculously small to be offered $600k.

Anyone know good appraisal companies? Need to get something appraised.

It is ridiculously small to be offered $600k.

What is ridiculously small? That's a subjective statement, which is OK, but I was hoping to get a reply that was objective.

Does anyone know in maybe... say... acreage? Square feet?

How much is that rediculously small tract of land going for at the corner of Orange and Pine?

What is ridiculously small? That's a subjective statement, which is OK, but I was hoping to get a reply that was objective.

Does anyone know in maybe... say... acreage? Square feet?

How much is that rediculously small tract of land going for at the corner of Orange and Pine?

I don't know the exact size sorry. Might want to look up property records.

I don't know the exact size sorry. Might want to look up property records.

I just found it. $600,000 for 1/10th of an acre. So yeah, that's a bit much. $6M for an acre.

Either way, if it secures land for the new arena's parking structure or land for an expanded Home Depot Supply HQ, I think it's a fair decision.

Not too many people complained that Kuhn got millions from the city for doing something that he was probably going to do anyway. No one is complaining about Publix getting millions for coming downtown. But a black man getting half a million for his house, whoa, all of a sudden the city needs to draw a line with what it is doing with taxpayer money.

I like that we are getting a movie theatre, a grocery store, and now possibly the new arena. They are all catalysts.

So you're pretty confident that the new arena goes downtown, bulldogger ?

I don't have inside information by any means but I am pretty confident that the new arena WILL be in downtown Orlando. They already planned for the funding and need to start planning on the designs etc. You will see more about this in tomorrow's papers most likely.

Archived