Knoxville Downtown High Rise Residential

I would like to know of any interest there would be in a high end, modern designed, high rise residential tower in downtown Knoxville. If have heard rumors that a new, very modern, and very well designed 12 story tower is slated to begin construction next year. I've also heard there is some internal design debate regarding whether the design should be changed to be more "traditional" VS. its current modern, leading edge, style.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to know of any interest there would be in a high end, modern designed, high rise residential tower in downtown Knoxville. If have heard rumors that a new, very modern, and very well designed 12 story tower is slated to begin construction next year. I've also heard there is some internal design debate regarding whether the design should be changed to be more "traditional" VS. its current modern, leading edge, style.

Welcome to the forum, Designer. I have no doubt that there would be consider interest in such a downtown residential structure, based on the great success in marketing such properties in Nashville. Just as was the case in Nashville, I think it would be best for the first such residence be reasonably affordable, not upscale. As for traditional vs modern, I think there's room for either one, but I personally prefer modern. I sure hope these rumors prove true. I'd like to see a big influx of people moving into the downtown area there, as is the case in many other Southern cities.

I'm not sure what you would consider "affordable", the two bedroom units are around 1700 s.f. (all units are corner units) with a 250 s.f. balcony, secure parking, roof terrace - all for around $500,000. To me, that's a lot. To others maybe not. The height will certainly add to it's appeal, as it will have incredilble 360 degree views. Personally, I hope it stays a modern design as well. Rather than a "traditional" 12 story French Chateau. Honestly, high rise and "traditional" don't belong in the same sentence.

I'm not sure what you would consider "affordable", the two bedroom units are around 1700 s.f. (all units are corner units) with a 250 s.f. balcony, secure parking, roof terrace - all for around $500,000. To me, that's a lot. To others maybe not. The height will certainly add to it's appeal, as it will have incredilble 360 degree views. Personally, I hope it stays a modern design as well. Rather than a "traditional" 12 story French Chateau. Honestly, high rise and "traditional" don't belong in the same sentence.

To me, that's a lot too!. Unfortunately, that's seems to be in the ballpark for downtown condos these days. I think they will need a fair number of one bedroom units for quite a bit less to get enough of them sold. If there's a rendering that's released for this project, please post it. We don't get to hear enough about what's going on in K-town on this site.

Maby "conservative" would be a better word than "traditional"

Maby "conservative" would be a better word than "traditional"

Agreed. Conservative is a much better term. I think a rendering will be released fairly soon, in the next few weeks. I'll post an image as soon as is available. I also believe that since this will be the first new high-end construction of downtown residential in over 40 years (maybe longer) that there is certain to be a lot of media buzz regarding it. Keep an eye on the local newspaper's website... Knoxville News Sentinel.

Agreed. Conservative is a much better term. I think a rendering will be released fairly soon, in the next few weeks. I'll post an image as soon as is available. I also believe that since this will be the first new high-end construction of downtown residential in over 40 years (maybe longer) that there is certain to be a lot of media buzz regarding it. Keep an eye on the local newspaper's website... Knoxville News Sentinel.

I will be really be looking forward to seeing the rendering. I'm hoping for a striking contemporary design.

Do you know what they plan to do for parking?

Since it is twelve stories I assume that it will include a parking garage on the lower floors, which isn't cheap at all.

I believe Kinsey Probasco Hays and Cardinal Development are planning on constructing a five story high-end condominium building at the corner of Walnut and Union, next to Market Square.

Do you know what they plan to do for parking?

Since it is twelve stories I assume that it will include a parking garage on the lower floors, which isn't cheap at all.

I believe Kinsey Probasco Hays and Cardinal Development are planning on constructing a five story high-end condominium building at the corner of Walnut and Union, next to Market Square.

I think there will be two levels of parking below the 12 story residential tower.

Archived