GRCC Lifelong Learning Center

civitas

Does anyone know about the GRCC Lifelong Learning Center for $22M?

I hope they don't go back to Perkins and Will in Chicago for another concrete fortress.

College building projects may get funding

GRAND RAPIDS -- Grand Valley State University could be a step closer to a new library that leaders call their "No. 1 priority" as lawmakers study a plan that would give colleges and universities more money for construction.

Grand Rapids Community College also could benefit, with administrators seeking financial help for a $21.9 million Lifelong Learning Center.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked a friend of mine about this who works as part of the GRCC faculty. Here is his response:

"I spoke with our president and it sounds like what happened was that a Press reporter was working on the story about the legislative effort to resume college/university building projects and had contacted us for comment. Unfortunately we weren't able to verify things and contact that individual back in time before the story ran - so these aren't official numbers and they're not confirmed by the college.

There has been discussion of building a Life Long Learning Center, but when that would happen and how much it would cost is something we're unsure of and we don't have any immediate plans (and in my experience, the capital campaigns to initiate projects of this size are typically years in the making).

Thanks again for contacting us with this."

Archived