Chocolate Industry returns to Chocolateville

The chocolate factory [ProJo.com]

Garrison Confections, a high-end chocolate maker and retailer in New York and Providence, is moving its Providence factory to Central Falls's Ledge Street. The company may also build a $5 million facility at The Landing, on the Blackstone across from Cumberland, for processing the raw cacao beans (it currently buys processed chocolate).

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chocolate factory [ProJo.com]

Garrison's is great... Their chocolates are fantastic, and quite artful.

My big question is are they closing their retail outlet on Hope Street in Hope Village/Summit? I don't want to have to drive to Central Falls to get their sweets...

- Garris

My big question is are they closing their retail outlet on Hope Street in Hope Village/Summit? I don't want to have to drive to Central Falls to get their sweets...

- Garris

CF is about 4 miles from the Hope neighborhood, which just goes to prove that today, Garris, you became a Rhode Islander. :P

CF is about 4 miles from the Hope neighborhood, which just goes to prove that today, Garris, you became a Rhode Islander. :P

:lol:

I actually have yet to travel to Central Falls, and have no concept of how far it is from anything...

I'm still curious if they'll keep the Hope retail outpost, though. You have to admit that Central Falls is a bit of an odd location for the retail frontage for a fairly expensive chocolate maker.

Do they sell through any other local stores?

- Garris

:lol:

I actually have yet to travel to Central Falls, and have no concept of how far it is from anything...

I'm still curious if they'll keep the Hope retail outpost, though. You have to admit that Central Falls is a bit of an odd location for the retail frontage for a fairly expensive chocolate maker.

Do they sell through any other local stores?

I haven't seen them anywhere else. I wonder if you can find them at least in the "Only in RI" store.

I actually quite agree with you about the location, I just thought the comment was funny. That area of Hope is perfect for a chocolatier. (although I hope for at least a mini-retail outlet at the factory. I assume they must have factory seconds one in a while, right? :) )

I assume they must have factory seconds one in a while, right? :) )

Best part (actually the only good part) of my college experience working at Godiva: any piece of chocolate that was not perfect had to be discarded and any piece that was discarded could be brought home by the help. Naturally I developed very high standards so as to safeguard Godiva's consumers.

...the next meetup, should it take place in The Bucket...

Let me know what the staus is for you guys. My weekend schedule is pretty crowded this month, looks like we should shoot for after the 4th.

- Garris

No. That store, from what they've told me, does quite well.

- Garris

I see the owners (Drew and Tina) fairly frequently. I will ask them next time I see them.

• 8 months later...

Archived