The Former Cartoon Art Museum Could Be...

Alexzero77

The eleven year-old International Museum of Cartoon Art has been vaccant for the past five or six years. Located in downtown Boca Raton, on the outskirts of Mizner Park, it has been a heaven for the homeless, a temporary store for Robb & Stucky, when their showroom was damaged during Hurricane Wilma, and oddly, a local gang's "turf."

CartoonMuseum.jpg

My question is, what do you think should take its space? Personally, I think an urban-style department store that isn't at Town Center like J.C. Penney or Dillard's would be ideal. The customers would be able to park at garages that may be built when another mixed-used development goes underway between Dixie and Federal, north of Second Street. There would be a pedestrain walkway going over Federal Highway, right into the building.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all:

There's gangs and homeless in Boca Raton?! What is this world coming to???

I always thought the cartoon art museum would make a nice chocolate factory. That's just a dream. There could be a cafe, candy/merch store, and a factory tour. It would be a cool attraction for local tourism and would drag some people down to boring old Mizner Park.

But a dept store seems like a more realistic idea.

First of all:

There's gangs and homeless in Boca Raton?! What is this world coming to???

I always thought the cartoon art museum would make a nice chocolate factory. That's just a dream. There could be a cafe, candy/merch store, and a factory tour. It would be a cool attraction for local tourism and would drag some people down to boring old Mizner Park.

But a dept store seems like a more realistic idea.

Of course they're gangs and homeless people. It's America!

A chocolate factory wouldn't belong in downtown, lol. Plus, the size of the area is too small. :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Too small? Not really. The cartoon art museum didn't even build out the second floor. That place has tons of space and a loading dock as well. It could work. Not for a Hershey's operation, but for a smaller chocalatier, maybe even an independent.

Again, just a dream.

Archived