Mets Stadium Proposal

Cotuit

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Closer to Long Island sound I see, that must be something, the gales coming off the sound in the fall could be brutal on a game, plus it is inching closer to the air traffic noise over at LaGuardia right? Still very very doable but I would have thought they would have considered it on the southside of the current Shea Stadium, then again you probably could get some great views being closer to the sound.

plus it is inching closer to the air traffic noise over at LaGuardia right? Still very very doable but I would have thought they would have considered it on the southside of the current Shea Stadium, then again you probably could get some great views being closer to the sound.

It's moving, ever so slightly, away from LGA, the airport is east of the stadium. It can't go to the south, there's not enough room, the 7 subway line, the Long Island Rail Road, and the Tennis Center are south of Shea. There is a large railyard between the 7 line and the Tennis Center, but I don't think it's large enough for a baseball stadium, and would certainly be more expensive to build over than a parking lot.

Archived