Renovation on Monroe

mgreven

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

A 110% improvement over the original already! Would love to see what is happening to the awful concourse between the parking ramp and this building. It was dark and very 1980s.

At the moment, it's pretty much the same. You can see some drywall work going on in some spots, but it's still a lot of brown.

I see we have ourselves some really nice transparancy going in. This is going to be one very sleek building when its done. To my understanding the National City building next door is owned by the same developer. Anyone think it will receive a drastic renovation som time in the future? The mirrored glass on that building is cool. But the building is going to look really bland compared to the Founder's Trust Building when construction's done.

I wouldn't call the National City bland. It might be a bit basic in design, but its the kind of basicness which is done well. Personally, I love the design of the National City. From Monroe, it's like a giant mirror. From Pearl, that concrete cylinder has a lot of artistic interest and simplicity all at the same time. My only beef with the building is that they need to hide their refuse location rather than keeping it there on the sidewalk area between themselves and the parking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived