BOISE TOWER UPDATE

Boisefan

Alright, lets start with the history of Boise Tower

-Developer Rick Peterson brings his plans for the Boise Tower, a 300' foot condo tower to the city

and CCDC in 1997.

-City and CCDC approve the project

-Rick Peterson breaks ground in 2001, completion expected in 2003

-Peterson runs out of money, and no investers help him out

-CCDC sues Peterson for the development site, so they can locate a developer for the tower

-Case goes to court continously for years, until Feb. 2006

-Now the CCDC has located a developer for the tower, and he as taken some of the condos out, and added a 150 room hotel, with up to about 70 condos, same floor count and height. The tower will have a new name, and a new design for the tower.

Idaho Statesman

Boise Tower

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

I remember seeing the signs on site for this tower when I visited Boise in July 2000. I remember thinking "Wow, Boise's really growing up!"

I hadn't really thought about it since then, but I sort of assumed it would have already been built by now. Guess I was wrong!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it's good that boise is getting a new tower buit downtown. though 300 feet is under 30 stories, it will make the skyline look a lot nicer (hopefully... I haven't seen any drawing or anything)... and hopefully influence a few more buildings to be put up.

I live in Boise when I was a kid, so I've always kept a secret eye on it hoping that they replace/hide those ugly brown and square buildings. This is a start! :)

Archived