Signature Tower

NewTowner

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Mandarin Oriental would be stretching it a bit. They're only in New York, San Francisco, Miami, Washington DC, and Chicago in America. It would probably be a stretch to get Nashville in there. Plus, I think their hotels are usually bigger.

But that means we'd get it before Atlanta :D . Remeber, the Asian business presence in DC is pretty huge.

I just saw a post on SSP about the twin towers being built in Sacramento. At the groundbreaking they had two red balloons raised to the height of each tower. I like the idea. Maybe Tony could do that for ST, although, I'm not sure of the feasibility at 1052'. The Sacramento towers are "only" 615'. Cool idea though.

I just saw a post on SSP about the twin towers being built in Sacramento. At the groundbreaking they had two red balloons raised to the height of each tower. I like the idea. Maybe Tony could do that for ST, although, I'm not sure of the feasibility at 1052'. The Sacramento towers are "only" 615'. Cool idea though.

He could have a 'Tower of Light' going, like they did after the Twin Towers were destryoed. Then Nashvillians could get used to something large looming in that spot in the skyline, and it would also be a little prequel to the 'jewel' at the top of the crown.

It's been a month since the reservations on the signaturetowernashville.com website have been updated. Charles, will there be updates of the reservations anytime soon? We certainly appreciate your input.

Hotel announcement on Monday!!! It is really exciting and I think a great fit. You'll have to wait though.

Tony and team have had all focus on that so we havent' updated the site. Keep in mind that selling fast is not always the best thing.

I suspect we'll do updates in the next few weeks. Don't expect them to be daily or even weekly. Quite frankly I expect to only do them once per month, but don't know for sure.

That is fantastic news! Thanks Charles. So is it correct that the site has about 80ft of rock with about 20 feet of loose material on top? Just making sure about the numbers. Fantastic news about the hotel. I know I'll be happy with the choice.

Great link Hank. Thanks. Very cool article. Now it's up to 1057' above ground. Let's just call it 1167'. :D

This is going to be quite the education on building design and construction. I can't wait. :yahoo:

For a while, we all thought it would be an all residential tower, but now it will officially not be with the announcement of a hotel operator tomorrow. Still, it interesting to see that the height of Signature will be within 1 Ft of the world's tallest all residential tower.

/\/\/\ And that was my point I guess. Technically, another foot won't matter because it won't be just a residential tower. However, if we are going to compare it to the tallest residential we might as well call it 1167' since structurally it's true foundation will be at the bottom of the hole. :D

Any guesses on what hotel operator it might be? I'll be there tomorrow morning for the announcement. I knew Friday it was going to be that because when I posed the question I got no response. Normally, they'd say no.

When/where is the announcement, and where can we first read about it? I'm guessing you'll have a piece ready shortly after.

When/where is the announcement, and where can we first read about it? I'm guessing you'll have a piece ready shortly after.

The announcement is in the Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis law offices. 10:30 am. We'll have a story up as soon as I get the word, which hopefully will be before 11 am. Still mulling over whether we should put up for free or subscribers only. If the former, we may be the one that gets sourced in media outside Nashville.

Archived