Massive Riverfront Project

GRDadof3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this was already mentioned, but have we talked about the fact that DeVos is running for governor and how that might relate to this? Doesn't the timing of this announcement seem coincidental?

For all of the time/energy/money that that family has put into GR (whether you view it as good or bad), I can't imagine that they would have a part of or support something that was remotely risky, "wacky" or theme-park related. Especially when his reputation is on the line as a potential governor of the state.

Hmm... Good point. But I guess one could make the assertion that a man soley devoted to promoting an ideology can basicly make the mistake of supporting something, "wacky."

Dave said this has nothing to do with anyone in the area. If that is true, they probably couldn't give two craps about Devos' hopes as governer, and what a whacky idea would mean to his reputation.

Whacky would mean unconventional, and unconvential doesn't always correlate with conservative idealism.

Maybe the term he or she used to describe means something differnt to this person... Maybe he or she thinks this is "wacky" because its so Grand.? When Dave mention Miracle Mile thats enough for me to say, "wow, this is really grand for GR." Instead the person used, "wacky." ??

Maybe the term he or she used to describe means something differnt to this person... Maybe he or she thinks this is "wacky" because its so Grand.? When Dave mention Miracle Mile thats enough for me to say, "wow, this is really grand for GR." Instead the person used, "wacky." ??

I think his comments were more along the line of a Miracle Mile plus something else that is wacky.

Rizzo, I think the UN is grand, does that mean i'm wacky? :yahoo:

I'm like Dave. I'm hearing words like "big as the U.N." and "New York" and "government". I thought I had it figured out, but perhaps not. The West Michigan connection to me has to be renewable energy and automotive. I like the "Tech Village" idea someone threw out.

Has anyone brought up the helipad on top of the J.W. Marriott that was not in the original Marriott plans?

Its too bad Eric has to take the vacation, I always look forward to the insightful conversations.

Oh, Jeff did you click on the UN web page? Did you see the top 10 goals listed in the sidebar? Kind of looks like a page in some State of the city address. ?

I still think my blurbs about UN are pretty close.

Archived