Call For Cabs In Queens

Cotuit

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think there wouldn't be so much to the cab game but there is. In Boston an out of town taxi cannot pick you up on the street but if you called one to your house they could come. This is a real problem in areas like Lower Mills in Dorchester/Milton/Mattapan where the municipal boundry being 350 years old doesn't coincide with human boundries.

That's a problem in Newton Corner / Watertown Square too. Newton, Watertown, and Waltham cabs will usually all pick you up after doing a cop check.

When I lived in Astoria I don't think I ever called for a livery cab (everyone calls them gypsies). I did try once and the dispatcher didn't speak English, I remembered enough Spanish from Sesame Street to give my street number in Spanish. Much easier to walk to the corner and hail one. They are almost always black towncars and their license plates start with a 'T.' It can be hard to get a yellow cab from Manhattan to the outer boroughs sometimes. They aren't allowed to refuse you, but they aren't allowed to do a lot of things. Being able to pick up in Queens would help.

Archived