Music Industry Brings $6.4 Billion to Nashville

ATLBrain

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for a little more perspective, the news story on Channel 2 just reported that the economic impact of music in Nashville is more than that of the state of Georgia, the cities of Austin, Memphis and Seattle COMBINED.

I'm sure Georgia, Austin, Memphis and Seattle will roll over on this news, but hey, that's what we've been trying to tell 'em over the years. Now, at least we've got hard data. Good for us!

I guess we could be bankers, but a $6.4 billion industry like entertainment is just so much cooler. :)

I'm sure Georgia, Austin, Memphis and Seattle will roll over on this news, but hey, that's what we've been trying to tell 'em over the years. Now, at least we've got hard data. Good for us!

But it's quality, not quanity that counts. :thumbsup: Oh, and sorry again for Kenny G. But that's a drop in the bucket to the trillion apologies Nashville owes us for country music.

If anyone, particularly those who wish to hold country music in disdain, wishes to read the bigger picture than the initial blurb on this study, grab some coffee, read and learn. Of particular interest is the fact that our most famous exports have a lesser impact than the less famous industries, i.e. healthcare, etc.

I found this pretty fascinating, even the long published study in the 3rd link.

One doesn't have to like country music to appreciate the economic engine it drives. Those of us who benefit from this should read all of this so as to understand what it truly means for our community.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ESS01/601110394

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...ESS11/601110401

http://www.nashvillechamber.com/president/...impactstudy.pdf

We're so humbly sorry our music industry has insulted your cool hipness. Maybe when reparations are doled out, we'll write you a check. :) In the meantime, just say no.

One apology down, a trillion minus one to go.

I am against reparations, you apology is enough. BTW, the #1 radio station in Seattle for over the last decade and counting is a country station. Its biggest competion lost the Mariners broadcast contract a few years ago and is a distant third now.

We're so humbly sorry our music industry has insulted your cool hipness. Maybe when reparations are doled out, we'll write you a check. :) In the meantime, just say no.

One apology down, a trillion minus one to go.

I'm not sure the post was meant to putdown country music in general, perhaps just the mainstreaming/commercialization of it. If so, Nashville musicians have expressed those same sentiments as well. You know--Kitty Wells v. Shania Twain.

I guess the study will be out soon. I don't think New Orleans is in the club, though.

Right, I don't think there's much of a music "industry" in New Orleans. Same with Memphis. Both towns have a lot of music coming out of them, but there's not the corporate presence that makes it an industry.

Archived