Photos De Jour - Grand Rapids and West Michigan Area

GRDadof3

Thanks!

I have a few more from that night, but how do you put a picture right in the body of the message, rather than having to click on it to see the whole thing? :dontknow:

You have to sign up for a photo hosting site, like flickr, and upload your photos there. Then you can copy and paste the photo's URL address to your post using the "Insert Image" button in the reply window. Let me know if you need help if you decide to sign up. :thumbsup:

The RAPID's new Bus Drag Racing event to improve ridership and driver morale

134802737_4632f10535.jpg

Growing up I always remembered WLAV doing the traffic report with someone spoofing Jackie Stewart's voice. I think it was Tony Gates who did it. Now that he's back in town maybe we could get him to announce the bus races. :lol:

"It's a great day for a motor-car race!"

Growing up I always remembered WLAV doing the traffic report with someone spoofing Jackie Stewart's voice. I think it was Tony Gates who did it. Now that he's back in town maybe we could get him to announce the bus races. :lol:

"It's a great day for a motor-car race!"

Tony Gates has been back in town for years, do you maybe mean Kevin Matthews?

Nice drag racing picture GrDad.

dad you crack me up, you're such a dork LOL.

:lol: That's me. I'm surprised no one thought the Downtown Office Worker Comraderie one was funny. Hasn't anyone else noticed how office workers downtown travel in packs? It's like they're just continuing their morning meetings as they walk to Two Choppers! :P

my impression of downtown office workers, came while I was waiting in line to hear John Kerry speak, two ladies on there lunch break were looking at the massive line, one said to the other, wow i had no idea John Kerry had this many supporters in Grand Rapids, the other replied, I had no Idea there were this many DEMOCRATS in Grand Rapids. I almost fell over I was laughing so hard. Republican Minivan moms of west Michigan Unite!

my impression of downtown office workers, came while I was waiting in line to hear John Kerry speak, two ladies on there lunch break were looking at the massive line, one said to the other, wow i had no idea John Kerry had this many supporters in Grand Rapids, the other replied, I had no Idea there were this many DEMOCRATS in Grand Rapids. I almost fell over I was laughing so hard. Republican Minivan moms of west Michigan Unite!

Well, I don't hold any disdain for downtown office workers. It's more of a Jerry Seinfeld observation. I'm just not a "pack" kind of person. My co-workers complain that I walk too fast. :P

Well, I don't hold any disdain for downtown office workers. It's more of a Jerry Seinfeld observation. I'm just not a "pack" kind of person. My co-workers complain that I walk too fast. :P

I have a tendency to be a 'fast-walker' too. (Hey, that could've been a Seinfeld episode! Low-talkers, jimmy-leg, etc...anyway...) My wife has to remind me to slow down, cause she has short legs and can't keep up. :lol:

Perhaps the fish ladder? I haven't been to that joint in awhile.

Oh, and GRdadof thats an amazing pic of the Amway :thumbsup: .

Thanks! Here is a little different angle and without the tree branches:

135697694_324fcd3e42.jpg

It's one of those times when you're intending to get a photo of something else and you're like "Wow, I gotta get that!"

No one got the fish yet? Hint: West bank of the Grand.