Meetup - Saturday the 22nd - 6:30 PM - Founders Taproom  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Click the Button if you are coming

• Oh yeah! I wouldn't miss it!
    • Sorry, but I Tivo'd "The Office" for that night

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zenstyle is a woman, and last I heard, she was going to come. Anyone else?

The only other confirmed women I can think of are Budgie Frisket and acarlton I think. acarlton has been too swamped w/ work and school to be active here and does anyone know what ever happened to Budgie?

gat and GRGridGirl are both female too, but don't know who exactly is coming to this thing?? I can understand Veronica "Yah, honey, I'm going to a bar to meet up with 6 or 7 guys I've never met but I've talked to them on an on-line forum" on the next Oprah....

There will be stairs cleanup that day as part of Project 400. (there are over 400 steps in Belknap Lookout) Residents of Belknap Lookout will be cleaning up the stairs on Fairbanks/Division and gathering community input about future stair rehab. These stairs are right above Founders and help connect the Belknap Lookout with North Monroe. Leave a little early and check out the progress and give some input before you head to the bar.

see groups.myspace.com/northeastcommunityclub for more details on Project 400

gat and GRGridGirl are both female too, but don't know who exactly is coming to this thing??

I know I've been MIA. My Grandfather had a stroke three weeks ago and passed away Monday.

I'll be back to my urban-self soon.

Looking forward to meeting all of you,

Grid Girl Forever...

I'm in the process of convincing Mr. Zen to come to the thing with me.

He: "Who are these people?"

Me: "That bunch of cyberpeople I told you about...you, know, the ones who know about the latest downtown development doings."

He: "Ah."

Me: "It'll be fun! We'll get the scoop on stuff. Since we don't live at the Oakwood anymore, we're out of the loop on those things. We need to stay current on current affairs!"

He: "Um-humm."

Me: "Besides, it'll give me an opportunity to practice my elevator speech."

He: "Oh, well, in that case!"

I'm in the process of convincing Mr. Zen to come to the thing with me.

He: "Who are these people?"

Me: "That bunch of cyberpeople I told you about...you, know, the ones who know about the latest downtown development doings."

He: "Ah."

Me: "It'll be fun! We'll get the scoop on stuff. Since we don't live at the Oakwood anymore, we're out of the loop on those things. We need to stay current on current affairs!"

He: "Um-humm."

Me: "Besides, it'll give me an opportunity to practice my elevator speech."

He: "Oh, well, in that case!"

Yah, that's about how excited my wife was :P so don't expect to see her there. Elevator speech? I guess we'll have to wait and see ;)

Elevator speech? I guess we'll have to wait and see ;)

I'm guessing the quick 20 second rundown most sales folks have down pat when introducing themselves and the company they work for. Quick enough to pitch on an elevator ride.

"I work for Blah company"

"Oh, what do they do?"

"Well, Blah Blah Blah"..

just a guess :whistling:

OK. Here's the scoop. I got us a VIP tour of the new Martineau Project in the Avenue of the Arts District on Division. For those of you interested, I had to schedule the tour earlier than planned, so we will meet at the Dwelling Place HQ at 101 Sheldon at 4:30. It sounds like we will be able to see three "loft apartments" that are now finished in this project. I could not get us into the commercial portion, but this part will be cool. I believe it will be in this building:

85AD52C0165911DA82E1565218F73B1D.jpg

I thought we could walk over to Founders and visit a couple of construction sites along the way, or play it by ear. If you can't make it by 4:30, you can PM me or Prankster for our cell phone #'s to catch up with us.

It sounds like we will be able to see three "loft apartments" that are now finished in this project.

Denny's lofts are pretty cool. I toured both of these buildings about a month ago. The split level lofts are the better ones. I wouldn't mind living in one of them at all.

In some of the units the bedrooms are delineated by a series of sliding screens. Pretty innovative.

You'll enjoy the tour.

Nitro

Archived