A way to save bandwidth

dnast

I was thinking about ways you guys could save bandwidth and focus on other things like the great new features coming. The first thing I looked at was the source code, and the <style> section of every page is huge! I calculated it as about 27kb alone. :o

I haven't used Invision Power Board, but I assume they use a templating system like most other boards. If you guys put the main CSS into an external CSS file, you'll save quite a bit of bandwidth since browsers cache CSS files. For every 1,000 page views you'd save 27 megs of bandwidth (not taking into account server-side compression).

I hope I'm not putting you guys on the spot, but I really believe this would help a bunch.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about ways you guys could save bandwidth and focus on other things like the great new features coming. The first thing I looked at was the source code, and the

Our CSS file is cached on your side and it is separate even though it doesn't appear to be.

Archived