Columbus Population Explosion

ATLman1

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

I wish thie topic had a different title (leaving off the 'explosion' just to discuss population changes over time. But regardless, search for local news of the 2009 population estimates, found the attached was posted on Troup County's website. Shows population change on the Georgia side of the market grew faster than the Alabama side (aka Lee County). The first time I remember that happening in a while...

COLAEconomicRegionPops.pdf

Columbus could be come the next Atlanta

Don't hold your breath. Columbus doesn't have the resources nor the demand to facilitate that kind of growth and development. At the MOST Columbus could only hope to become like Montgomery, Mobile, or even Charlotte, NC... if you want to initiate some wishful thinking.

I wish thie topic had a different title (leaving off the 'explosion' just to discuss population changes over time. But regardless, search for local news of the 2009 population estimates, found the attached was posted on Troup County's website. Shows population change on the Georgia side of the market grew faster than the Alabama side (aka Lee County). The first time I remember that happening in a while...

Great info! We need your help on citydata.com!!!

Archived