Weekend Activities in GR

GRDadof3

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Labor Day Parade is cancelled this weekend. It seems kind of sad to me that it's not happening because "there just wasn't anyone to take charge of it this year." Is that another way to say not enough funding, or was no one really interested?

WOODTV Article

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read a little larger article about this, and the guy who has been in charge for 20+ years doesn't want to run it anymore, and no-one came forward to take over. Plus, labor unions are kind of in a rut as far as reputation/membership goes lately, and maybe people aren't clammoring to celebrate them. Just speculating.

That's too bad they couldn't find anyone else. I guess I'm kind of surprised even an organization like the GR Jaycees, who organize the Patriots Day and Santa Claus parades, didn't come forward. Maybe the Patriots Day parade has taken over lately since Labor Day and September 11 are only a week apart, and it's kind of difficult to have two parades in such a short amount of time.

Archived