one project your metro needs-money no object

NcSc74

While driving the 15 today I said to myself...self, Las Vegas needs LRT throughout the metro. I live 5 miles from the strip and to get there is a huge hassle especially on a fight night. So being a southern boy I had to think what would the one project southern metros need to increase status, comfort and quality of living. Now this is an all inclusive so in your own view-what does your metro need above all else. I say express regional rail from Charlotte to Atlanta. Also since NC already has the Carolinian then it could expand south to Columbia with a stop in Rok Hill and terminating in Myrtle Beach. Now I know hwy 74 and rail to Wilmington is high on my list but to promote a regional identity co-ops between states will enhance the region as a whole

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacksonville:

1. A widespread LRT or even a BRT (in the works already) going to all the destination areas of town.

PS: Less FBC (very large downtown church) influence of which I believe is finally happening. Also we need a new mayor and city council policy.

A subway linking most of Miami Beach, Port of Miami, Downtown, Orange Bowl and the Airport/MIC.

2nd on my list would be a world class monument. It's something I've always wanted: Something tall, something beautiful, something with an observation tower on top. Oh ya.

Jacksonville:

1. A widespread LRT or even a BRT (in the works already) going to all the destination areas of town.

PS: Less FBC (very large downtown church) influence of which I believe is finally happening.  Also we need a new mayor and city council policy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats BRT? :blink:

I think tallahassee needs to do major Roadwork now before there is no land left, and no way to grow. We could strangle our self. There are alot of college kids in a relitively small area... a rail system would help the daily travelers to keep outta there cars for a three mile trip.

Memphis needs a new bridge (at least one) over the Mississippi River somewhere between Millington,TN and Tunica, MS. Of course, the 2 we have would be a lot better if Arkansas would just overhaul the I-40/I-55 interstates with widening, reworking the interchanges, and paving. The interstates in Crittenden County, AR are a nightmare.

Hmmm...Money No Object...Orlando needs a "no-toll" alternative highway around I-4. I-4 needs to be completely rebuilt to remove some of those dangerous curves approaching Winter Park and widened to 10 lanes. While their at it, they should build I-4 through downtown Orlando underground, like the Big Dig in Boston.

After that...maybe a new stadium, arena, and performing arts center. :)

Archived