linah77

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have found some information on the Redevelopment of Downtown Ocala with one small rendering, but still no other renderings. If anybody has renderings or links to post, please do.

bilde.jpg

Future Ocala

Ocala's Downtown, Reimagined

Strength in Numbers: Having a Variety of Developers Carry out the Work

Edited by RestedTraveler

Does anybody have any information on the proposed "Market Street at Heath Brook" on State Road 200?

The Heath Brook Web Site has an old (2002) rendering of the property:

site_plan_03_on.jpg

As I understand it, this 650,000 sq. ft. retail center will take the form of a "Lifestyle Center" or "Outdoor Mall" and will be anchored by Dillard's Department Store.

Does anyone have any additional information on this project?

Edited by RestedTraveler

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have found some information on the Redevelopment of Downtown Ocala with one small rendering, but still no other renderings. If anybody has renderings or links to post, please do.

bilde.jpg

Future Ocala

Ocala's Downtown, Reimagined

Strength in Numbers: Having a Variety of Developers Carry out the Work

There was an article on the front page of the Business Section of today's Ocala Star-Banner about this, if anyone is interested:

FULL STORY

• 2 months later...

I recently heard from someone about the "software" operation going in somewhere near Ocala; someone looking to buy a house for an investment property was telling me this.

For all who are knowledgeable about Ocala, what's the deal with development there. In other words, when I look at a map, I notice that from Leesburg to Ocala along 441/27 going up thru Lady Lake and the Villages, it looks like continuous development right into Ocala. Is this how it actually is?

I recently heard from someone about the "software" operation going in somewhere near Ocala; someone looking to buy a house for an investment property was telling me this.

For all who are knowledgeable about Ocala, what's the deal with development there. In other words, when I look at a map, I notice that from Leesburg to Ocala along 441/27 going up thru Lady Lake and the Villages, it looks like continuous development right into Ocala. Is this how it actually is?

Iam from Orlando and currently live in Orlando, but my father lives in Ocala, and i can tell you that development from Wildwood through Gainesville is going bananas. Personally Ocala is not for me but ive heard property values are still going strong, and construction is full steam ahead in that region. Alot of "snowbirds" are buying houses/property also. I think the Villages are one of the fastest growing towns in the country but mostly older retired people are the ones moving there.

There is much sprawl between Lady Lake and Ocala along 441/301, yes. However, as Bucktown_Orl has cited, it is predominantly retirement-related sprawl. It's the same way out SR 200 West of Ocala toward Dunnellon. This retirement residential development, of course, brings with it retail sprawl as well....and lots of hospitals/medical offices. Ocala has been booming this way since the mid 1980's that I know of. It was at one time the fastest growing county in the nation (Marion County).

I grew up in Ocala and went to Ocala Forest High. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get out of town and go elsewhere (Gainesville, Orlando, etc.). They don't call it "Slowcala" for nothing.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The parcel thats cleared on 75/HWY 200 is another retail developement which will include Kohl's and HH Gregg and possibly a Costco. The Paddock mall should survive as it has 4 anchor stores that will not be at the new mall. Also, Paddock mall has added two new stores, Aldo and Charlotte Russe and is up for a build-out expansion which should bring it to 800,000 sq. ft. This should start taking place in 2008.

Edited by beachme25