How long have you lived in Jacksonville?

Fruit Cove

How long have you lived in Jacksonville?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you lived in Jacksonville?

• 0-1 year
    • 1-3 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 5-7 years
    • 7-9 years
    • 9-11 years
    • 11-13 years
    • 13-15 years
    • 15-17 years
    • 17-20 years
    • 20-25 years
    • 25+ years

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was born at the old St. Lukes on 8th St in 1970, moved to Tampa for college (6 years) and spent about 1.5 years in Boynton Beach (contract work for Motorola that paid very, very well). I am back in Jacksonville, living in Springfield where my maternal grandmother was born on her family's porch and where she lived until she married my grandfather, who was also born in and lived in Springfield but moved with his family to Baker County during the depression (hunting and farming proved more reliable than did my great-grandmother's washing clothes for anyone who could afford to pay her).

Even though I moved away almost a year ago, I was born and raised in Duval. Spent 4 yrs at college in God's Country, a.k.a. Tallahassee and worked/lived in Miami and Broward counties for 2yrs after college. After that 2yr stint I moved back to J'ville and worked there for 2yrs. Now I'm living in Chandler, AZ a suburb of Phoenix. I have family all over the state in clusters. I hope to make FLA my permanent home at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived