st.gallen switzerland

nck

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the large buildings on the hill mostly apartment buildings?

yes, they are. there are a few restaurants ...

i have to say that these photos are just a cutout of the whole city. st. gallen is tube-like city and this is the center.

Sankt Gallen (St. Gallen) is a nice town. You missed the beautiful library though, which is the highlight of the town (pictures are forbidden inside but can be purchased). I was there last summer during my tour of Switzerland. The whole country is great - beautiful, clean and orderly. I think overall the best big city in Switzerland in terms of being liveable is Bern (although I liked every part of Switzerland in its own way). I highly recommend a visit.

For more information on St. Gallen and the Abbey Library (and a picture of the library), see here: http://europeforvisitors.com/switzaustria/...s/st_gallen.htm

you would not believe: i live here for all my life and i've never been to the library ...

it's a very touristic thing, probably the only one in st.gallen.

there are much better places here, for example the "solitude". it's a viewpoint where you can see the whole city ... i'll post some photos ...

Archived