Parking in Uptown

MZT

I work right across the street at the old Wachovia building, 400 S Tryon. If you keep going south on Tryon, right past the Goodyear there is a parking lot, it's $4.00 a day. Keep headed south (over the I-277 bridge, towards the nudie bar) and there are a number of $1.50-$3.00 a day lots. If you go that far though you will probably want to ride that free bus, the Gold Rush.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I'll be starting a new job in 3 Wachovia Center (S. Tryon Street and 2nd Street) in about a month.  I'm new to Charlotte.  Can anyone recommend a place to park in uptown not far from the location above?

Thanks!!! -Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work at 3 Wachovia and can tell that the lots inside the loop are EXPENSIVE. Sometimes whe I am running late I MIGHT park close,but most of the time stay outside of 277. If I were you, I would go across 277 to the $1.25 & $1.50 lots and catch the free bus. Just be prepared to have standing room only. It seems that everyone working uptown has caught on to the Trolly concept and doesn't mind the crowded bus to save five bucks. I know I don't! :D

A2

Hi All,

I'll be starting a new job in 3 Wachovia Center (S. Tryon Street and 2nd Street) in about a month.  I'm new to Charlotte.  Can anyone recommend a place to park in uptown not far from the location above?

Thanks!!! -Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are looking for location, you can park in 3 Wachovia. I think it is $7 a day.

If you are looking for free, park on the street at 6th and Graham walk a block to the Blue line Trolley at 6th and Pine. It takes you right to 3 Wachovia at the Convention Center.

Welcome to Charlotte!

I can justify spending $10 a day to eat in uptown. But I can't justify spending $150 a month (around $7 per business day) to park my car in the decks near the towers.

Many of my co-workers make the reverse decision. But I'd hate to bag my lunch every day... Part of the point of working, is to afford some conveniences!

Archived