Old Hyde Park Village purchased

bobliocatt

Rhode Island firm, Wasserman Real Estate Capital LLC, has agreed to purchase a majority stake in Old Hyde Park Village and will try to turn it around. Initially, Wasserman Real Estate Capital will polish up the mall's blemishes, such as rusty railings, and spruce up the landscaping and eventually add more condos, on-street parking and restaurants.

Pumping New Life Into Old Hyde Park Village

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten years ago, Old Hyde Park Village was THE place to shop and dine in Tampa. Since that time, this area has added Citrus Park Center, International Plaza, Centro Ybor and Channelside. The options have increased, but it just seems to me that Tampa can't support all these new retail and dining centers.

I think International Plaza has hurt OHPV the most as it has siphoned away a good number of the higher end shoppers that were once exclusively the market for OHPV.

Hope they can turn it around. It's a nice area, and I hate seeing all the empty stores.

Archived