future growth(or decline for that matter) of richmond

valian48

at least from what i think, i say that the richmond area will keep having its ups and downs but overall it will grow, HOWEVER, it will not be because of richmond alone,ok, now with that being said

another thing, what i am about to say, AT MINIMUM{sodEmoji.|}this will happen in another 20-30 years, IT WILL NOT BE BY THE NEXT CENSUS OR THE NEXT CENSUS REVISION,

hampton roads, northern virginia, richmond area all have counties with each other that can be viewed as future connecters from each side

D.C TO RICHMOND-from the d.c side there is fredericksburg and spotsylvania, from the richmond side there is caroline county and hanover county

RICHMOND TO HAMPTON ROADS-(this can go more than one way but i think this will be the first outcome)from richmond side there is charles city county and new kent county, from HR side there is the rest of peninsula in specific williamsburg and james city county

what do you guys think? but, sorry about that,more also

now,the metropolitan areas along the westestern part of virginia towards the mountains, in specific: charlottesville-augusta-harrisonburg. i think another 40 years or so until they merge with " northern virginia ".  Northern virginia is no longer being northern virginia, the boundaries are going lower and lower. will richmond be impacted by this also or no? i know some people are going to be close minded by all of this by the way

and on another note: goochland, will it become urban in the next 40 years or no?

any other counties which you guys think will be areas of growth?

again, this will not happen by the next census or the next census revision, it will be at least another 30 years

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the sphere of influence to the east is pretty much set at New Kent and Charles City.  The Richmond/Norfolk interface will be very static for a very long time. 

I think Caroline and Orange have already been lost to the Washington/NOVA gravitational pull, and Louisa is still on the fence. 

Hanover, Goochland, Powhatan and Prince George seem pretty much locked into the Richmond fold, and I see Goochland becoming more and more like western Henrico, even with the zoning restrictions they have.  Powhatan will grow much more slowly. 

I believe that opportunities for the growth of Richmond's influence will mostly be to the west and southwest, with Amelia, Dinwiddie and Cumberland becoming even more Richmond-centric than they already are. 

I think that Charlottesville/Albemarle/Greene/Fluvanna/Nelson will coalesce into its own sphere of influence, pushing back on the Richmond westward expansion. I think they are also too far away from NOVA to become attached to them.  The inter-commuting distance is just too far and the central Virginia culture is too entrenched.  They have their own media market, and do not rely on newspaper, TV and radio stations in the DC area for their news. 

I do believe that Louisa will be the biggest battleground, being pulled from three different directions; Richmond, NOVA and Charlottesville.  For them, it may all just depend on which end of the county they live in, as to which metro area they identify with:  folks up around Lake Anna looking north to NOVA, folks from the Town of Louisa westward looking toward Charlottesville, and folks from Mineral and below having affinity to Richmond.  It already is that way to some degree, right now.  Just my thoughts.

at least from what i think, i say that the richmond area will keep having its ups and downs but overall it will grow, HOWEVER, it will not be because of richmond alone,ok, now with that being said

another thing, what i am about to say, AT MINIMUM{sodEmoji.|}this will happen in another 20-30 years, IT WILL NOT BE BY THE NEXT CENSUS OR THE NEXT CENSUS REVISION,

hampton roads, northern virginia, richmond area all have counties with each other that can be viewed as future connecters from each side

D.C TO RICHMOND-from the d.c side there is fredericksburg and spotsylvania, from the richmond side there is caroline county and hanover county

RICHMOND TO HAMPTON ROADS-(this can go more than one way but i think this will be the first outcome)from richmond side there is charles city county and new kent county, from HR side there is the rest of peninsula in specific williamsburg and james city county

what do you guys think? but, sorry about that,more also

now,the metropolitan areas along the westestern part of virginia towards the mountains, in specific: charlottesville-augusta-harrisonburg. i think another 40 years or so until they merge with " northern virginia ".  Northern virginia is no longer being northern virginia, the boundaries are going lower and lower. will richmond be impacted by this also or no? i know some people are going to be close minded by all of this by the way

and on another note: goochland, will it become urban in the next 40 years or no?

any other counties which you guys think will be areas of growth?

again, this will not happen by the next census or the next census revision, it will be at least another 30 years

Archived