Richmond Dining-Out scene

burt

Tried to go visit the newly reopened New York Deli in Carytown after reading the write-up in the T-D this weekend. Was glad to see that it was backed out the door on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Good sign. Ended up going elsewhere because we didn't feel like waiting.

I like to hear that restaurants, new and old, are prospering. Thanks ibjust for telling us about the line out the door at the new New york Deli. A gentleman named Boettcher who was the former owner likes the transformation but he has reservations about a 50 foot bar in a deli. Says beer is fine, but implies that cocktails don't quite fit a deli's mode.

Went to try it with a co-worker last week but they were closed on Mon and Tuesday.... Ate at Coppola's instead. Can't go wrong there.

Right, coupe. But if you sit at a sidewalk table, don't expect to get a glass of wine with your sandwich. Sidewalks, unless there are private property setbacks, are public and fall under ABC's strict guidelines. Which makes me wonder about RIPPLE, the outdoor spot on the canal at Toad's Place? I noticed that Renaissance Partners switched its last event from RIPPLE to CHA CHA'S CANTINA.

One Ripple event was canceled due to extreme heat.

However, Y101 is sponsoring a Maxim Girls Party at Ripple on the Canal... If you get invited, you can hang out with a bunch of Maxim Girls.. their online photographer will be there to snap some shots as well.

Maxim? Maxim? Does thst mean gals built to maximum proportions? :rofl:

Well, that site sure the hell answered my question. :)

Now, back to RITA. :lol:

Whew! Just finished watching her as Mrs. Simpson in PAL JOEY with Frank Sinatra and Kim Novak. Rita was never lovlier. And what a great Rogers and Hart score!

Now I have to hustle home by 10PM tonight to catch her in GILDA. :)

Edited by burt

Bottom's UP was for dinner tonight after drinks at Havana! MMMMMM

Did you have a nice rum cocktail at Havanna 59? And did you check out the little nook near the bar? Do they still have decks of cards on every table back there? Was there a decent sized crowd at each of the spots? :alc: