Chicago Neighborhoods?

UptownJ

I have a friend that is moving up there in a few months and she was wondering about some of the neighborhoods and rather they are safe, fun, young urban areas. If any of you could give some good information and or pics about any of chicago's best neighborhoods... It would be great!

All information about chicago welcome

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a friend that is moving up there in a few months and she was wondering about some of the neighborhoods and rather they are safe, fun, young urban areas. If any of you could give some good information and or pics about any of chicago's best neighborhoods... It would be great!

All information about chicago welcome

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my, there are too many to list. Is she trying to determine where she would want to live, or where are good places to go? Because in that case, it's important to determine what she could or would be willing to spend. Lincoln Park and Wrigleyville are great urban neighborhoods for young professionals. They're both filled with great apartments, tons of great bars and restaurants, and of course lots of trendy shops and art places (moreso Lincoln than Wrigley). Wicker Park and Bucktown are also very cool places, though considerably pricier than Lincoln Park and Wrigley in terms of living there. Then of course there is the Gold Coast, which is where to be if you drive a Maserati :D very upscale. These are all relatively safe neighborhoods and all are served by CTA (buses & EL).

Here are a couple of good links to help familiarize you with the various neighborhoods. You won't be disappointed.

Sudler Real Estate

Chicago Tribune Metromix

Well her favorate neighborhood is Wiker Park but she wants to keep it realitively inexpensive. I've sent her the links and a big thankyou goes you way. She's really into the music and arts so areas related to that and have easy parking are two biggest factors. And she is determining where she wants to live.

Thanks for the help

• 11 months later...

Someone posted some pics of a new redevelopment in the heart of Chicago awhile ago and I can't find them now. I can't remember where they were posted, if it was in a chicago forum, midwest forum or an general forum. The neighborhood was made up of large, high-end houses, some 3 floors high. They were brick, built closely together and had alley access, if somone can help, at least with a name, that would be great.

Someone posted some pics of a new redevelopment in the heart of Chicago awhile ago and I can't find them now. I can't remember where they were posted, if it was in a chicago forum, midwest forum or an general forum. The neighborhood was made up of large, high-end houses, some 3 floors high. They were brick, built closely together and had alley access, if somone can help, at least with a name, that would be great.

It was Bridgeport Village, just south west of the Loop. The thread was this one. Indeed, a very cool development. Just goes to show SFR developments can in fact be dense and must not be inherrantly sprawly.

Archived