Downtown Marriott Residence Inn

Florida

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire lot is mowed, and there were three pickup trucks and a good number of men out there at 11 am today. looks like action on Gaines baby! yeah! Though it is only a five story development, it is going to substantially effect that intersection. Tight to the road on both streets, I hope i dont eat my words, but awsome.

^ I like your eyes!!! Things are getting fun in the Capital!!! I can't wait to see the dirt turned!! All of this activity in and around the downtown area is very exciting. Each and every one of these projects is a catalyst for other projects. The city is still taking bids for its other parcels up for sale in the Gaines Street area, and the area where the Embassy Suites was to be built is still up for grabs. IMPO it should be the future site of the Convention Center Hotel with a skywalk to the civic center. But surely what you've seen CMurphy is a sign of progress... I don't think you'll eat your words!

Certaily a larger lot than I expected. THere was a giant machine there this afternoon that totally devoured all the trees into mulch. Fun toys for clearing the land. I am thinking about the other intersection that will be effected. Madison i think it is. I hope it wont be too left out.

Especially in that location... I mean, civic center and Gaines street as Nieghboors, In DT and on a hillside which will give tenants a fantastic view... I want to see a commercial vs a residential... And if it is residential, i hope it is a cheap but beautiful rental i could afford..lol

Especially in that location... I mean, civic center and Gaines street as Nieghboors, In DT and on a hillside which will give tenants a fantastic view... I want to see a commercial vs a residential...  And if it is residential, i hope it is a cheap but beautiful rental i could afford..lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol.... I still believe this would make a far better location for a Convention Center Hotel than the actual civic center parking lot... but they'd have to be bold with this site... its prime!

Its mine!

yeah, too bad i put it in that rendering... i doubt i have the patience to remove it. I would imagine they wont tell us they have given up. But somone on SSC asked me about a Hilton/Sherton project in tally downtwon. I looked around and found nothing, so i guess they were just mistaken. Everyday that goes by without work on a convention center is money the city is losing. We need this, not want, need. Frustration.....

Well we have the DoubleTree which is part of the Hilton Family could that be what they are talking about.

As for loosing money and opportunity, you're so right.

The sad thing is I can remember back in 1998 when everyone was so excited about the new project. I remember the old planning Economic Development guy on WCOT talking about it, and now we've got nothing to show for it... almost 8 years later. This was back when the Challenger Learning Center was being dreamed of. I sure love the projects that come to be, those that don't really hurt my feelings. :(

Archived