**NEW RSS FEATURE**

Neo

UrbanPlanet.org's RSS exporter is now live for each forum on the board! For over a year we have had a public RSS feed for all forums on our site but this is the first time we've been able to offer a personalized RSS collection to suit your needs! It may take me a bit to get all of our forums in RSS format but I will continue to work on that throughout the evening and through tomorrow.

In the lower left hand corner of the screen you will see a new orange XML button (*NOT the one in the upper right hand corner). A drop-down list will appear when clicking on the button and select which forum you would like the RSS feed for. Copy the URL into your RSS reader and you're all set! We export the last 50 posts ever 15 minutes for all forums except UP{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Complete which exports the last 300 posts every 15 minutes. If you encounter an error or see that a particular feed isn't working, please let me know via PM.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this what its suppose to look like?

rsscraplarge1vj.th.jpg

That is what XML looks like, but now you need an RSS aggregator. Personally, I pay for Newsgator and it can be downloaded at http://www.newsgator.com. They have a free online version. Pluck is also a good one and is totally free. It can be downloaded at http://www.pluck.com.

Not quite (argh). No signatures. I can't tell who is posting, except A2 who always inserts A2 into the post.

I'll see what I can do about getting the poster's alias put in the xml feed. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite (argh). No signatures. I can't tell who is posting, except A2 who always inserts A2 into the post.

Maybe you should forget this. I think I screwed up. I wasn't downloading the entire feed, just the summary. I'm using Thunderbird's reader and when you set it to download the entire post, it's all fine. :rolleyes:

Google has a new Feed Reader (which as ever, is in Beta), GoogleReader. You need a Google Account to use it (which I believe means you need a Gmail address, which are still invite only, but ask and one can probably be sent to you).

It's an interesting tool, but I still prefer Bloglines.

Google has a new Feed Reader (which as ever, is in Beta), GoogleReader. You need a Google Account to use it (which I believe means you need a Gmail address, which are still invite only, but ask and one can probably be sent to you).

If anyone wants a GMail account, just send me a PM. I have quite a few I can give out. :)

Archived