Downcity/Providence Retail

AriPVD

<cough> Brewed Awakenings <cough> (sorry Cotuit...)

And the crack house Dunkin Donuts that was on Grant's Block and the DD across from ProJo, but that quickly became a Coffee King. There's also the annoying fact that most of the DDs Downcity are closed on Sunday.

I think those who have lived in NYC will agree that there's little as crazy as the pharmacy situation in Manhattan. They'll be, like, 2 Duane Reed pharmacies on the same block with a CVS and Walgreens across the street. And it will be that way for blocks. They're all locked in mortal combat with one another...

I think there are 3 Duane Reade's on different corners of the Chrysler Building. Also not far from the Chrysler Building there is a block with 3 Starbucks on it. When I worked near Grand Central we used to go to the 'hidden' Starbucks that was in the lobby of an office building across the street (it had no signs on the street letting people know it was there). But there were at least 6 Starbucks we could choose from in a 2 block radius out from our building.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starbucks and Tim Horton's, I'm jumping with joy! :yahoo:

And yes, that's sarcasm. I'd like Starbucks better if I didn't feel so poor walking into one and didn't feel like a coke fiend when I leave. They'll do really well all over downcity though, especially if theyre open late.

Downtown Vancouver, BC has two large starbucks stores at the same intersection. Starbucks on the west coast is like dunkin donuts on the east coast: 3 per block.

The Starbucks in One Financial Plaza is going to have more RISD students than Cable Car.

I think that new gift shop on Westminster is called "DCI 249", they already have the logo stenciled on the window. I cant wait to see what Westminster is like once the Peerless Bldg gets some retailers.

b.good

A healthy fast food restaurant. They are located in Boston right beside Back Bay Station and are opening a new location in Harvard Square. I think the concept would do well in Providence.

I have gone there a few times. Overall the food is good and certainly creative. They need to train their staff a whole lot better though. Very sloppy...

Love their Chocolate Elvis milkshakes! Chocolate, Banana and peanut butter..mmmm

Starbucks and Tim Horton's, I'm jumping with joy! :yahoo:

And yes, that's sarcasm. I'd like Starbucks better if I didn't feel so poor walking into one and didn't feel like a coke fiend when I leave. They'll do really well all over downcity though, especially if theyre open late.

http://www.projo.com/business/content/proj...x.1258d06a.html

Any ideas on what's going in the Peerless building...(old Lupo's)..maybe AriPvd would know..Are they subdividing the spaces or leaving it fo one big retail tenant? Years ago , it was Woolworth's. I was down there last night and the street was coming alive. It's a little bright and not as scary as before...also, I couldn't help notice what a change with Traveler's Aid gone..I didn't have one person solicit me for $ , sex, or a ride...That was great.

The back of Peerless will be retail and office space...

By the back do you mean the Fulton Street side? Are there any plans to make Fulton Street a little more attractive? It's rather dank and dingy, some decorative paving and a lighting scheme could make it an attractive little walkway.

Archived