The Avenue

monsoon

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope....they'll speed up at the residential levels.....the can store much of their equipment on the 10th floor so they don't have to keep moving it about....also those floors will be smaller in size, so less concrete needs to be poured.

The walls are added later with aluminum framing and sheet-rocking.

Nope....they'll speed up at the residential levels.....the can store much of their equipment on the 10th floor so they don't have to keep moving it about....also those floors will be smaller in size, so less concrete needs to be poured.

The walls are added later with aluminum framing and sheet-rocking.

I wasn't sure about that. Ur on it man! Thanks.

This may seem like a dumb question, but I haven't watched the day by day construction of a building before this one thanks to the camera. On every floor they put down sheets of plywood, cables and then a thick layer of concrete on top. Then go to the next floor above it and do it all over again. My question is wouldn't the ceiling of each floor be wood? Every building I have been in and the picture Mobuchu posted above clearly shows the first floor ceiling as concrete. I am surprised that wood could hold that ammount of concrete. Do they remove the wood after it dries or do they plaster a thin layer of concrete on the underside of that wood for the ceiling?

This may seem like a dumb question, but I haven't watched the day by day construction of a building before this one thanks to the camera. On every floor they put down sheets of plywood, cables and then a thick layer of concrete on top. Then go to the next floor above it and do it all over again. My question is wouldn't the ceiling of each floor be wood? Every building I have been in and the picture Mobuchu posted above clearly shows the first floor ceiling as concrete. I am surprised that wood could hold that ammount of concrete. Do they remove the wood after it dries or do they plaster a thin layer of concrete on the underside of that wood for the ceiling?

The wood is only used for the form work of the concrete. Once the concrete cures, they will remove the wood, and concrete will be the ceiling. One thing you probably don't see is that all of the wood is shored underneath to hold the weight of the wet concrete. Hope this helps explain it.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really...however more is being done on the Epicentre today, of course it is mostly digging. I was wondering how the jobs would be affected today.

So pardon my noobness at watching skyscraper construction, but what do they need to dig for at this point if the foundation is already laid?

So pardon my noobness at watching skyscraper construction, but what do they need to dig for at this point if the foundation is already laid?

Not sure how to take this to the Epicentre thread, so if someone can, please do, but they are digging because the foundation for the parking deck isn't done. The foundation for the actual tower is done at this point but not for the deck and the entire complex. Avenue is great though, because now they are really moving.

Not sure how to take this to the Epicentre thread, so if someone can, please do, but they are digging because the foundation for the parking deck isn't done. The foundation for the actual tower is done at this point but not for the deck and the entire complex. Avenue is great though, because now they are really moving.

Ah, thanks. I thought about moving my post to Epicentre instead, it just seemed a little off topic. But I am amazed at the rate that they are working on The Avenue lately. You think they'll beat or meet their deadline?

Ah, thanks. I thought about moving my post to Epicentre instead, it just seemed a little off topic. But I am amazed at the rate that they are working on The Avenue lately. You think they'll beat or meet their deadline?

I'm not sure, someon else in the know probably could tell you better, but i would guess they would at least make it. I am sure they have the experience to know where they are at and where they need to be at certain points of the project. It seemed like it was moving very slow a few months back but has really picked up pace since they started going vertical. They also have the advantage of better weather this time of year, so they can work more if need be. I would assume they want to get the deadline (which i think is the middle or end of 2007) since so many people are waiting on their units so they can move in.

The pace is certainly keeping up with this project. It just took forever for them to start going vertical. Here's 3 months of work in order.

3-4-06 They were not even finished with the first floor and had the temporary IJL access still through the middle

3-4-06020.jpg

4-5-06

124292375_ee5fed9e47_b.jpg

And today, 5-5-06. floor 5 is poured and are working on the pillars for it.

5-05-06001.jpg

Archived