San Francisco Photo of the Day

Charles Pearson

MARCH2010019-1.jpg

theCity010.jpg

theCity011.jpg

theCity012.jpg

I really like the third photo. There is something magisterial about the giant tree, of which we only see enough to realize how massive and old it must be. The young filigree trees create a beautiful backdrop tho the massive trunk which take up most of the photo.

The last photo is very sad, but definitely a part of many big cities of the Urban Planet - a part we, the more fortunate, usually go out of our way to avoid. There is something very moving about this home for a day, which has been arranged with obvious care.

Edited by germanartist

North By Northeast (P.S. New York "Amtrak-bound" people are an exciting experience. Chicago is spectacular even in high winds that took the hat off my head and zero visibility from 103th floor of Willis Tower's Skydeck...but avoid buying the $30 supposedly water-proof Skydeck backpack which lasted one day (for me), and the guy (he's from Queens, divorced with ex in Chicago) I was sitting with on a crowded Amtrak from Chicago to NY and I had the biggest laugh about my silly spur of the moment for something I didn't need "made in another country" purchase (or so we figured the useless darn thing had to be made somewhere other than breath-taking Chicago where I've seen the best looking skyscrapers than anywhere else.) ...NYC really doesn't sleep and is 10X more intense than San Francisco...)

NORTHBYNORTHEAST001.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST002.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST003.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST004.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST005.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST006.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST007-1.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST008.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST009.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST010.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST011.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST012.jpg

Edited by Zahc

NILES_NUM3002.jpg

NILES_NUM3003.jpg

NILES_NUM3004.jpg

NILES_NUM3006.jpg

NILES_NUM3007.jpg

NILES_NUM3008.jpg

NILES_NUM3009.jpg

(Writers Dream Cottages...")

NILES_NUM3010.jpg

NILES_NUM3011.jpg

NILES_NUM3012.jpg

NILES_NUM3013.jpg

NILES_NUM3015.jpg

NILES_NUM3016.jpg

NILES_NUM3017.jpg

NILES_NUM3018.jpg

NILES_NUM3019.jpg

NILES_NUM3020.jpg

Beautiful photos of the sleepy town of Niles. I didn't know it existed before you showed it to us here. It's like another world. I especially love the photo No 10, with its two different shades of green, a bright blue sky, shining like jewels in a superb composition of rust and red and brown. The white window frame corresponds beautifully with the white cloud. Lovely!

North By Northeast (P.S. New York "Amtrak-bound" people are an exciting experience. Chicago is spectacular even in high winds that took the hat off my head and zero visibility from 103th floor of Willis Tower's Skydeck...but avoid buying the $30 supposedly water-proof Skydeck backpack which lasted one day (for me), and the guy (he's from Queens, divorced with ex in Chicago) I was sitting with on a crowded Amtrak from Chicago to NY and I had the biggest laugh about my silly spur of the moment for something I didn't need "made in another country" purchase (or so we figured the useless darn thing had to be made somewhere other than breath-taking Chicago where I've seen the best looking skyscrapers than anywhere else.) ...NYC really doesn't sleep and is 10X more intense than San Francisco...)

NORTHBYNORTHEAST001.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST002.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST003.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST004.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST005.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST006.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST007-1.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST008.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST009.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST010.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST011.jpg

NORTHBYNORTHEAST012.jpg

The first three photos of San Francisco's skyline are breathtaking. They remind me again that I'm so happy to live here. We take it for granted in our every day routine, but then when I see your photos, my eyes are opened again to the beauty around us.

grovey (as I think) they used to say way back when. I am SO in love with NEW YORK. Right now I am sitting in a pub called PLAYWRIGHT somewhere in the theater district or whatever district (can't phone anyone cause I forgot to charge my phone last night)...NEW YORK has SO many districts that I've decided I am too old to try to make sense of them...or the handsome Puerto Rican waiters who take care of all of your needs when the line to see the Empire State is around the block and the wait again is 4 hours to enter the 86th Floor of one of the most beautiful skycrapers man ever built and only TRUE SKYSCRAPER I RESPECT when you they told you to arrive before 11 AM to avoid the wait and the black men and one Latino working the tourists on the street promises to get you in for triple price...MEANWHILE your handsome boyish waiter invites you into THE HEARTLAND and you laugh after requesting a shot of Wild Turkey to go along with the Fize drink he insisted you must have...then he claims to have no idea what a Wild Turkey is...yet he winks and a Wild Turkey soon arrives at your table before even the lst course and I take his picture just because I liked his smile..,

Anyway as TIGER Woods plays in the masters in a reddish shirt on one of the screens of 15 screens over the bar and a soccer game that does interes me somewhat as guys are running around in tight pink shorts... I am sitting now between an Irish guy with blue eyes and three rings on one hand and its funny to watch how he carefully wipes the mouth of his beer bottle every time he orders another and a black guy with a bald head and a very tight T-shirt and dark glasses sits on the other side and he seems to have a lot of money that he flashes.

I am confused so I will have another martini...in hopes of ending the confusion in my head as I try to figure out an escape that will not seem very rude...

NEW YORK is balmy in the day and very cold in the morning when I jog through Central Park...

CHEERS from the greatest CITY MAN ever built!

P.S. In the wee hours I discovered a NEW YORK i had never seen in film or books...and it was awesome.

Edited by Zahc