Charles Pearson

A_stpaul_somaskyline.jpg

B_koslandpark_westernaddition.jpg

Bc_koslandpark_IMG_3211.jpg

Bcd_peacewallwesternadd_IMG_3165.jpg

C_LagunaStreet_3794.jpg

D_LagunaStreet_IMG_3798.jpg

E_japantown_IMG_3802.jpg

Photo 1: I like the composition the dark abstract rectangular and triangular shapes create.

Photo 5: It's almost as if you captured the passing of time in one photograph, rather than a moving video. This is achieved by the repetition of identical objects, the trees, and the pathway, which almost look like frames in a film. At the beginning is the person in the foreground, and a little while later, this same person walks in the distance.

Photo 6: The apparition of the trees in bloom looks magical, against the bare wood that surrounds them.

Photo 7: I like the juxtaposition of the religious symbols of East and West, the pagoda and the church steeple.

Great Work!

Edited by germanartist

1AMINTHILL_EASTOFCASTRO.jpg

2WESTERNADDITIONPARKSTEPS_PIGEON.jpg

3MISSIONDOLORES.jpg

4CIVICCENTER.jpg

5MINTPLAZA_MANONORANGECHAIR.jpg

Wonderful photos. You show the pigeon from a very unusual angle, and its pattern reminds me of a NASA photo of a hurricane. Photo No 3 is just lovely. It perfectly shows the hilly topography of our city, as well as the different mini-climate zones. Some areas may be covered in fog, while other, close-by areas are lit with sunshine. Also, the photo captures the different architectural styles of the city. Photo No 4 is my favorite. Fractions of mostly windowless house walls, utility poles, public announcement speakers/sirens, smoke stacks, create a wonderful abstract composition of shapes, gentle colors, patterns, giving a distinct urban flavor, run-down, decrepit even, and yet, when seen through your eyes, beautiful.

Edited by germanartist

10-13.MARCH

thesunset012.jpg

thesunset013.jpg

thesunset014.jpg

thesunset015.jpg

thesunset017.jpg

thesunset018.jpg

thesunset2016.jpg

thesunset019.jpg

thesunset021.jpg

Thanks for the lovely photographs! I live in the Sunset, and this residential area, Golden Gate Heights, with the aptly named Grand View Park on top of the hill, to me, is the jewel of the Sunset. I'm glad to see it represented here at Urban Planet. The view from Grand View Park is truly jaw dropping. You see the whole length of the City, and the panorama of the Pacific Ocean is so wide, that it is curved, following the curve of the earth (or am I imagining it?). 

Edited by germanartist